| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • Stop wasting time looking for files and revisions! Dokkio, a new product from the PBworks team, integrates and organizes your Drive, Dropbox, Box, Slack and Gmail files. Sign up for free.

View
 

AGM Minutes 2011

Page history last edited by John Laurie 7 years, 7 months ago

IT-SIG (Information Technology Special Interest Group)

 

AGM

Thursday 26th January 2012, 10am

 

 

MINUTES

1. Present: John Laurie, Peter Kennedy, Abigail Willemse, Helen Brownlie, Bob Pearson, Paul Hayton, Brian Flaherty, Kim Shepherd, Kim Salamonson, Alison Brown, Ksenija Obradovic

 

2. Apologies: Alison Stevenson, Fiona (Mc Gregor)?, Paul Sutherland

 

3. Convenor’s Report Online athttp://wiki.lianza.org.nz/index.php/ITSIG/ConvenorReport2011Membership at December 2011 was 118, including 30 corporate memberships, 1 Hon. Life and 1 reduced rate Accepted: Moved Helen Brownlie, Seconded Brian Flaherty

 

4. Treasurer’s Report Online athttp://wiki.lianza.org.nz/index.php/ITSIG/TreasurerReport2011 Current funds just over $3800 with $245 to pay to Paul Sutherland for airfare to LIANZA to present at IT-SIG workshop Discussion about desirability of spending this mounting surplus and balance to retain Accepted: Moved Peter Kennedy. Seconded Paul Hayton

 

5. Election of Committee [Convenor, Treasurer, committee members] The 2011 committee was John Laurie (Convenor), Bob Pearson (Treasurer), Paul Sutherland, Peter Kennedy, Helen Brownlie, Kim Salamonson and Paul Hayton In the absence of any specific nominations and with the agreement of committee members present a motion was put forward by the Convenor to reappoint the current committee, (John Laurie to continue as Convenor and Bob Pearson as Treasurer) with the addition of Ngai Deckard as an ordinary committee member and subject to Paul Sutherland’s consent [since obtained]. Carried unanimously.

 

6. IT-SIG’s Programme for 2012 There was lots of interest (Brian Flaherty, Helen Brownlie, Peter Kennedy, Paul Hayton) in running an Unconference/Bar Camp for half a day before or after the Palmerston North Conference. It would be best if this was run at the same time as other SIG activities and should be in addition to a lunchtime workshop. John Laurie to get details from LIANZA for discussion at next Committee meeting.

 

More webinar series were supported and committee members will canvass their organizations for presenters. Continuing problems with getting access to KAREN noted by Paul Hayton. John Laurie to investigate Skype and Google Plus as alternatives. Suggestion that VALA attendees (Helen Brownlie, Sam Minchin) could report back to IT-SIG members via a webinar.

 

The meeting concluded at 10.30.

 

Next Committee Meeting: Thursday 1st March at 10am.

 

John Laurie

IT-SIG Convenor

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.